Offering Advice and Assistance With Fiancé/Fiancée Visa Issues - K-1 Visa

You want to marry a foreign spouse (foreign bride or foreign husband) and you know there are some immigration issues, but you don't know what they are. The process is complex, and it is advisable to retain an experienced immigration attorney who is familiar with fiancé/fiancée visas for assistance.

For a FREE phone consultation to discuss your family immigration matter with an experienced Illinois attorney, please call (312) 445-9127.

The immigration process has become more complex over the years. The government has grown suspicious of illegitimate marriages used only for foreign spouses to become U.S. citizens. Today, the process takes months, and you cannot afford any mistakes. An error could set you back months or years or even prevent you from ever becoming a citizen.

Today, it is more important than ever to retain a knowledgeable immigration attorney to assist you through the process and advise you on the best manner to proceed.

Located in Chicago, Illinois, O'Grady Law Office, P.C., has helped many immigrants become U.S. citizens, including those seeking a K-1 fiancé/fiancée visa. We assist clients worldwide, including Western Africa, Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union (Russia), Latin America (including Argentina, Colombia and Brazil) and the Philippines.

There are certain processes and requirements needed to obtain a K-1 fiancé/fiancée visa, including having proof of a face-to-face meeting within two years prior to the application. Most importantly, you must provide documentation that proves your fiancé/fiancée relationship is genuine. We can help you gather the documents required to provide this proof. Also, if granted, you must marry each other within 90 days to qualify for permanent residency.

Pursuing either a K-1 visa or a K-3 visa is dependent on your particular circumstances and your unique facts. For information about how we can assist bringing you and your foreign spouse/fiancé together, please take advantage of our free consultation by calling (312) 445-9127 or filling out our intake form located on our Contact Us page. The sooner we begin the process, the sooner you and your significant other can begin your life together.